Watching The Devil Wears Prada is like getting a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the glamorous yet cutthroat world of fashion magazines. Although we’ll (hopefully!) never encounter a boss as demanding as Miranda Priestly, the ever-intimidating EIC taught us several life lessons that apply whether you want to work in fashion or not.
1. Dress to impress…
2. …because first impressions are everything.
3. Never underestimate the power of a good makeover.
4. Always be original.
5. Efficiency is crucial.
6. There’s no such thing as an unreasonable request.
7. Don’t make excuses.
8. Or ask questions.
9. Bad weather is unimportant.
10. Coming down with the flu is pretty much like getting the plague.
11. Just because a job is considered to be a “dream job” doesn’t mean it’s right for you.
12. Positive affirmations are the key to success.
13. And of course, never go to a job interview with bad breath.